EcoCard is another one of the few remaining deposit options open to Canadian online poker players. In the past, a Canadian using an online poker deposit method like EcoCard was almost unheard of, as Neteller was the most common online poker deposit method for Canadians. But not that there is no more Neteller in Canada, Canadians are turning to payment methods like EcoCard to make money deposits to fund their online poker bankrolls.
The good news is EcoCard has recently made some improvements to their payment process, making it easier and faster for Canadians to make online deposits. The bad news is, unless you have already set up an EcoCard account, you won’t be making an online poker deposit for a few more days, as their verification process includes a ‘microdeposit’ into your Canadian bank account, and this usually takes a few days. Their Electronic Funds Transfer deposit method, although the easiest and fastest payment option, can still take up up to 5 days to show up in your EcoCard account balance, at which point you can then transfer money into any online poker account you wish that supports the EcoCard poker deposit option.
Overall, EcoCard is an improving payment method that is accepted at a number of online poker and online gaming sites. For Canadians it can make for a nice e-wallet for making online poker deposits and withdrawals quite easily. The only downfall is the lengthy setup time.
For a faster payment option, see instaDebit, which is comparable to Neteller’s instaCash.
To sign up for an EcoCard account, visit www.ecopayz.com
What is an Ecocard Electronic Funds Transfer?
An EcoCard Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a secure and reliable deposit option for funding your EcoCard Account. By providing and confirming your bank account details, EcoCard will debit from your bank the amount you specify.
How to make an EFT deposit
If you have not made an EFT deposit with EcoCard before, there are two steps to initiating an EFT.
Step 1 – Adding and confirming your Bank Account – you only need to do this the first time
- Register or log into EcoCard Account.
- On the left-hand menu choose “Payment Options“.
- You will see ” List of available Payment Options“, if it doesn’t yet feature EFT, then you will need to add it.
- Click on the button ” Add Payment Option“.
- On the ” Add Payment Option” page, in the drop-down menu choose “Canadian EFT“.
- You are now required to enter your EFT Canadian Bank Account Details.
- Once the above has been successfully completed, bank account is added. EcoCard will debit a random amount from the provided bank account (example: 0.71 CAD). It may take up to 72 hours to see the debit transaction in the bank statement; however for some banks it is immediate.
- You will receive an automatic email confirming that EcoCard has debited your bank account.
- Once the debit transaction appears on the bank statement, you need to confirm the exact debit amount in order to verify the bank account. The email will contain a link to the confirmation page. This is to demonstrate that you have access and control of this bank account in order to prevent fraud. You only need to verify your bank once.
- After your bank account has been successfully verified, you will be able to make your first deposits using EFT.
Step 2 – Making an EFT deposit to EcoCard
- Log into your EcoCard Account.
- On the left-hand menu choose “Money Deposits“.
- Choose an EFT bank account from which you want to make a deposit.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and press Submit.
- The deposited amount will appear in “Uncleared Balance” and will not be available for immediate use.
- It will take up to 4 business days for money to be credited on your EcoCard account.